Shopping in Rome: Artists and Artisans
Artists and artisans who create unusual things: These very talented artists and artisans are worth a mention. Since many don’t have street shops you must telephone for an appointment.
- STUDIO ELP
- Via Arco de’ Tolomei 2, Tel. (06) 5806745 (by appointment) Elena Levi’s semi-precious jewelry made in India represents understatment.. The most famous of her pieces is “the Whip” which drapes around the neck. The studio is located on a very quiet piazza inTrastevere and with a beautiful garden of orange and lemon trees. Sra. Levi is often around Europe for exhibitions or in India choosing material for the new collection.
- EMANUELE PANTANELA
- Wooden minaudieres with a unique extraordinary designs, belt buckles and other accessories. He has a permenent window inside the Victoria & Albert Museum and travels the world for his sophisticated clients. By appointment, telephone 333 0255
- ALLEGRA FORNERIS
- makes picture frames and tables for outdoor and indoor decorated with handpainted tiles to order. By appointment. Via Sebastiano Conca 6 Tel 322 2333 or 904 3292
- GAIA FRANCHETTI
- Indo-Roman collection. Via Orti D’Alibert 15, Tel 6880-2158 Fax 683-2932 This globe-trotter buys the fabrics in India and adds Italian classic details for tableclothes, napkins, cushion covers, quilts.
- EX ANTE
- Largo Tornioli 4, sells things made by a group of craftsmen and women including furniture, collate, picture frames, and accessories.
- ILARIA MIANI
- Via degli Orti d’Alibert 13, Tel: 6861366 – small objects for the home, tables, lamps, handmade with fine materials and exquisite detailing.
- CLEMENTINE IMPERIALI
- Tel: 5834-0384 makes beautiful bronze sculptured rings with semi-precious stones. Good value for money. By appointment.
- OSANNA AND TURCHESE REBECCHINI
- Via della Conciliazione 22, two young society women with matchless taste create original, feminine jewelry, or will take your treasures and make them into unique, wearable pieces. By appointment: Tel: 06-6861991